Guca – the center of the world-wide known Trumpet festival, is situated in the heart of Dragacevo, on the left bank of the river Bjelica, at the intersection of roads leading from Cacak via Jelica mountain, and from Kraljevo, via the village Kaona. This town, which has only about 3.000 inhabitants, is surrounded from all sides by hills and woods, so it is a real oasis for those who want to find peace.
Guca became well-known in the world owing to the Trumpet festival which takes place every year in Guca at the beginning of August. No wonder why a big tin trumpet, a symbol of this town, is the first thing you will see entering this town, coming from the direction of Cacak. Guca was mentioned for the first time in the historical records in 1476. The process of establishing the settlement of Guca started in 1831 by building the church. Guca became a town in 1892, and it obtained the status of “aerial spa” in 1930. There are two legends about the name Guca: one is about a turtledove bird, and other says that, due to the invasion of the Turks, people from Guca were forced to hide and huddle.
In Guca, there are numerous cafes and restaurants in which young people and old townsmen meet. Nearby the center and the Man with a trumpet monument, there is a hotel called »Golden Trumpet«, as well as a cultural center, post office, bank, currency exchange office, police… In Guca, there are also Primary and Secondary schools, Health Center, hospital, market, petrol stations, grocery shops, boutiques…
Last year, nearby the stadium of the football team called »Dragacevo«, a local swimming pool was opened, with the accompanying sports and recreational playgrounds for basketball, mini football, handball, walleyball… Another magnificent hotel, which is being built by the Radicevic family, will be soon finished in this town, almost the very center of it, nearby the Man with a trumpet monument. In the yard of that hotel, the hosts of “Vajati” have their tent available during the days of the Trumpet festival, and they entertain their numerous guests there. That place has been well-known to the participants of the festival due to the fantastic amusement and rich meals.
You can also see in Guca
- the Church devoted to the Saint Arhangels Michael and Gavril;
- the famous Man with a trumpet monument (situated in the very centre of Guca);
- a beautiful botanical garden (in the park of the Primary school);
- the Museum of tombstones and roadside monuments;
- a monument devoted to the fallen fighters of the National Liberation War and to the victims of the fascist terror (in front of the hotel »Golden Trumpet«);
- Busts of national heroes;
- Cultural centre, where you can see a permanent exhibition of the members of Association of naive painters and sculptors of Dragacevo.