The town Lucani was mentioned for the first time in 1476. By building the chemical factory “Milan Blagojevic” in Lucani (from 1948 till 1952), the industrialization of the Dragacevo area started and the town Lucani was established. Records from 2002 say that there were 4.309 inhabitants and 1.493 households in Lucani at that time. Lucani has been the seat of the municipality since January 01, 1963, and, before that, the seat had been located in Guca. In spite of many cafes which were situated in the main street, this town is a quiet and peaceful place.
Clean air, the local swimming-pool, sports terrains and the football stadium »Mladost« have always attracted sportsmen and recreation lovers.
CHURCH in Lucani – The building of it started in the beginning of 1980s, and it was devoted to St Sava. The religious services have been performed there since 1988.